Monday 9 December 2013

I'll be a tree, if you are its flower

I'll be a tree
Pet fi sandor 

I'll be a tree, if you are its flower, 
Or a flower, if you are the dew. 
I'll be the dew, if you are the sunbeam, 
Only to be united with you. 

My lovely girl, if you are the Heaven, 
I shall be a star above on high; 
My darling, if you are hell-fire, 
To unite us, damned I shall die.


Look not in my eyes  

Alfred Edward Housman 

Look not in my eyes, for fear 
They mirror true the sight I see, 
And there you find your face too clear 
And love it and be lost like me, 
One the long nights through must lie 
Spent in star-defeated sighs, 
But why should you as well as I perish? 

Gaze not in my eyes. 
A Grecian lad, as I hear tell, 
One that many loved in vain, 
Looked into a forest well 
And never looked away again. 

There, when the turf in springtime flowers, 
With downward eye and gazes sad, 
Stands amid the glancing showers 
A jonquil, not a Grecian lad. 










No comments:

Post a Comment